Recently published stories:
- My First Cosplay (published July 17, 2016)- How would aliens handle the ‘dressing up’ part of Hallowe’en?
- Forget Me Nots (published July 25, 2016) A countdown to the end
I’ve noticed that some writers like to keep tabs on how their year as a writer is going. I’ve never done that before, but the ones I see doing it are ones that seem more committed to writing, so I figured that was good company to keep. Here we go!
Short stories I’ve written so far in 2016 (1,500 - 4,500 words each):
- Death vs Taxes - why does the IRS want to meet the Grim Reaper?
- The Curator - a diligent zookeeper is trying to save a nearly extinct species, but both of his last two humans are male
- The Wind Wasn’t Right - Deep space accident investigation leads to a fry cook in Hong Kong
- Sylvester Down - A luxury yacht travelling out past the moon is attacked.
- Graceful Degradation - everything fades: songs, books, photos, memories…
- Zeus Beheld - So the Greek Gods went on a five year voyage around the galaxy, but didn’t understand time dilation, and return 3,400 years later.
- Dee for the Win - A young man tries too hard to be the best racer in his village.
- Plus I have opening lines or scenarios for 15 more.
New short stories on this site (100-word 'drabbles')
- The Devouring - a different kind of first contact (presented as a poem).
- Hail to the Chiefs - You might not want to be president.