This site, hosted by author Stephen G. Parks, is about science fiction, all things space related, creativity, and occasionally wildly off-topic ideas such as ethics, politics, music, or journalism.
Take a look around, maybe leave a comment!
- Has Mariah Carey Bing Crosbied Herself?December 21, 2019It’s a simple thought. Twenty, thirty, forty … seventy years from now, will anyone be able to name any Mariah Carey song other than “All I Want for Christmas is You”? Look at this list of best-selling artists from yesteryear, and the one song you probably know them by: Burl […]
- Merry ChristmasDecember 17, 2019Christmas is in 8 days. I thought I’d end the year on a festive note, so here’s some photos of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia at Christmas, 2019. Merry Christmas, Everyone […]
- My Thundering HeartDecember 5, 2019Well, our hearts beat like thunder, I don’t know why they don’t explode ~ Ain’t Even Done with the Night / John Cougar I got into John Mellencamp’s music earlier than most. His first single, Ain’t Even Done with the Night, played with my nostalgia, capturing that […]
- Character Intro: Char OsbaldistanOctober 9, 2019I doubt it’s a surprise that I’m working on a book. I’m actually working on a lot of them – a duology, a stand-alone novel, a novella and a five-novella sequence. Oh, and a few short stories, too. The five-book sequence follows the crew of a ship as they get into a series of […]
- Rise of Skywalker TheoriesAugust 27, 2019As most of you, I was surprised at how quickly Disney released the D23 footage of The Rise of Skywalker. It showed some interesting new footage and offered a few possible hints as to some of the film’s plot points. I’m going to make some potentially SPOILER-y guesses ahead. Continue at […]
- Did I write this?July 23, 2019Have you ever written something then read it later and thought, damn, who wrote that? It’s good! I just had that moment. I was going through my writings folder, looking for a 30-year-old story to use as an example in a class when I came across something that I apparently wrote 4 years ago. […]
- Nurturing the spark (or not)May 13, 2019I only ever took one creative writing elective in university. The course was supposed to be taught by one professor, a respected author and editor, but she had to pull out, so we got a new guy instead. This professor wasn’t great. Hell, he wasn’t even very good. I couldn’t tell […]